Mumbai is the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. According to the United Nations Mumbai is the most populous city in the country and the seventh-most populous city in the world with a population of roughly 20+ million. Mumbai lies on the Konkan coast on the west coast of India and has a deep natural harbor. In 2008, Mumbai was named an alpha world city.
Mumbai is the financial, commercial and the entertainment capital of India. It is also one of the world’s top ten centers of commerce in terms of global financial flow, generating 6.16% of India’s GDP, and accounting for 25% of industrial output. Mumbai has the 8th highest number of billionaires of any city in the world. The city houses important financial institutions and the corporate headquarters of numerous Indian companies and multinational corporations. It is also home to some of India’s premier scientific and nuclear institutes. The city is also home to Bollywood and Marathi cinema industries. Mumbai’s business opportunities attract migrants from all over India.
We generate brand-building activation ideas that engage your consumers and lead to measurable results. Our sales promotion encompass a variety of short-term techniques designed to attract your consumers to respond to your brand in a positive way. The most effective sales promotion is directly associated with product purchasing. This sales promotion is intended to enhance the value of your product by either reducing the cost or by adding more benefits to increase sales.
Our sales promotion techniques also can be used to achieve your other objectives such as building brand loyalty or creating product awareness. Consequently, Fulcrum team a large variety of consumer promotions.
|Contests, Sweepstakes, Games|
Sampling and Product Trials
Benefits of Consumer Promotion
When the aforementioned benefits of consumer promotion are considered as a whole, it is clear that they are indeed extremely helpful in driving revenue, creating brand engagement and enabling companies to acquire new consumers. Consumer promotion is undoubtedly an efficient and effective vehicle for marketing communications. For consumers, sales promotion provides a direct and often rational motivation to purchase the product being promoted.
A brand is not the only one who can communicate a consumer promotion. Word of mouth is one of the most positive forms of communication, especially if it is coming from a friend or colleague, as they are usually a trusted and reliable source. Give your consumers a reason to be surprised and they will make sure your reputation thrives.
Simply put, more sales from your promotion will create higher revenue. However, brands need to always calculate their costs and ensure they are aware of how many people may redeem the promotion and ensure that it is a profitable endeavor.
When customers attempt to redeem promotions, brands can often retrieve data such as email addresses and their home address. This creates the opportunity to target a customer through segmentation; you can then use direct mail or email campaigns to create personalized marketing.
All the points above drive sales and make consumers’ decision-making much simpler. If a brand is offering a similar product but something additional, then the consumer will often want more for their money.
Sales Promotion Strategies
Sales promotion strategies can be divided into three broad types. These are –
- Pull Strategy – The pull strategy attempts to get the customers to ‘pull’ the products from the company. It involves making use of marketing communication and initiatives like seasonal discounts, financial schemes, etc.
- Push Strategy – The push strategy attempts to push the product away from the company to the customers. It involves convincing the intermediary channels to push the product from the distribution channels to the final consumers using promotional and personal selling efforts. This strategy involves making use of tactics developed especially for resellers, merchants, dealers, distributors, and agents.
- Hybrid Strategy – A hybrid sales promotion strategy makes use of both the pull and push strategy to sell the product with the least resistance possible. It involves attracting the customers using special coupons and also providing incentives to the merchants to sell the brand’s products.
Sales Promotion Techniques Targeted To Consumers
Sales promotion tools used for consumer-oriented promotion are –
- Free Samples, Gifts, Discount Coupons: Distributing such free stuff increases brand awareness and triggers the psychology of ownership where the person chooses the promoted product if he liked the sample.
- Exchange Schemes – Exchange schemes attract many customers as they get some value even for their old product.
- Finance Schemes – Finance schemes like no-cost EMI, low-interest EMI, etc. makes it easier for customers to purchase expensive products.
- Shipping Schemes – Sometimes huge shipping costs discourage the customers from buying products. Such short term shipping schemes remove friction.
- Bundle Discounts – These deals are a great way to reduce unsold inventory. It includes selling bundled products at a price lesser than when those number of products are bought separately.
- Bulk Purchase Deals – This is a great sales promotion tactic to reduce unsold inventory. It includes providing discount to customers who buy in bulk.
Sales Promotion Techniques Targeted To Traders
- Point Of Purchase Displays – This includes providing free point of purchase (POP) display units to the retailers to increase their sales.
- Trade Shows – Trade shows are a great sales promotion strategy where the business promotes its product to thousands of traders in the trade show. Trade shows also witness huge discounts as compared to when bought usually.
- Push Money – Also known as spiffs, this technique includes extra payments to traders to motivate them to meet specified goals. For example, giving them a $50 bonus per unit for selling product A and $30 for selling product B for a specified time period.
- Deal Loaders – These are the gifts provided to the traders (wholesalers and retailers) for ordering a certain quantity of product.
- Trade Deals – These are special concessions provided to the merchants to encourage them to promote a specific product and increase its sales for a limited time period.
- Buying Allowances – Special discounts provided to the sellers when they order a specified number of products.
- Bus Marketing in Mumbai
BEST (Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport) is the organization that deploys buses for public transport. Thousands of commuters travel by these buses every day. Marketing Agency in Mumbai makes use of bus stops to advertise various company products and services which proves to be exceedingly effective. These bus stops helps to increase the visibility of any brand by reaching out to every nook and corner of the city which proves to be cost effective and a economical way in reaching the target audience on the go.
Bus Marketing in Mumbai is the best outdoor media as they offer greater visibility and assured frequency. This type of marketing is especially suitable for metropolitan and affluent residential localities, Bus Stop Marketing proves advantageous by providing highly cost – effective, target-oriented endorsements for major metropolitan areas locally, regionally and nationally.
- Railways Marketing in Mumbai
Railway runs from the heart of Mumbai and covers almost all the important places in Mumbai. Railways are the key transport hubs in all the cities and towns in India. Placing your Marketing in the commuter’s path gives you the best opportunity to reach your target audience when they are experiencing the longest dwell times in daily routine.
More than 75Lacs passengers travel per day on Mumbai Railway Network (35Lacs on Western Railways and 40Lacs on Central Railways). Railway Marketing allows clients to reach a wider city area audience. Some of the marketing campaigns speak to people in their own local environment within transport network, others reach out over city centre audiences and capture consumers’ attention on the high street.
Benefits of Railways Advertising include –
- Reaching out to Millions of people travel that use Mumbai local as their primary transportation
- High visibility at platform which helps to targets every category of passengers
- A constant reminder and continuous visibility for target audience of various products every single day
- It allows your brand to be in front of buyers who have time to observe and read about the product advertising, instead of being force feeding the information in a fifteen second television commercial.
- Metro Marketing in Mumbai
The Metro in Mumbai proves to be strategic destination poised to communicate any brand message at every touch point for the people who travel everyday. Brands can truly CAPTIVATE, INNOVATE and RESONATE their message with the target audience. Also, mixing the integrated media makes Mumbai Metro stand out as a fast and immediate platform for brand communication.
Mumbai Metro has witnessed and has been witnessing a spree of activities which strongly hints at the fact that it is an inventive platform to display product portfolio for marketers in order to reach the masses. Brands and Marketing Agency in Mumbai are always in look out for mediums which are going to yield impressive results. With busy schedules plaguing the everyday life of individuals, their attention span is also declining tremendously.
- Airport Marketing in Mumbai
Airport Marketing is an affordable and an inventive mode which provides flexible range of media opportunities. Ranging from both long and short-term indoor/outdoor advertising panels, the ads on airport exclusively provide the brand message to customers through a highly interactive media.
This type of Marketing usually consists of static and digital displays which are placed in and around domestic and international airports that deliver a message on behalf of an advertiser. Airport Marketing reaches all kinds of people who arrive or depart from their flights.
Major advantage of airport advertising is – long time exposure assuring clear visibility of the brand message to customers. Airport Marketing ads reach out to the most affluent segment of the population, thus ensuring buildup of a segment of elite clientele for the advertiser’s products and services.
Several multinationals and information technology companies having set up their offices here, the city now caters to young professionals with high disposable incomes and a penchant for up market lifestyles.
There are a couple of IT Parks in Mumbai which are well known all over India. Some of those include –Technopolis Knowledge Park , Ivory Towers, Fourth Dimension Park, Magnus Tower, Infinity Tower, Spectrum Tower, Akruti ICE Station & Softech Park, Palm Spring, Raheja Plaza etc.
The tech companies which have their offices in Mumbai are – Capgemini,Atos, L&T infotech, Accenture …. and many more.
The IT Hub does provide a lot of various options for Marketing Company in Mumbai to target people working in these places by doing activities and having tie-ups with the companies to promote certain products in the company premises.
The MIDC (Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation) has developed Industrial zones in various parts of Mumbai. MIDC industrial area has obvious geographical advantages, it is very close to the South Mumbai seaport, Mumbai International Airport, which is convenient and has a speed advantage on logistics. In the MIDC industrial estates land, fuels, electricity, water and select raw materials are provided at subsidized rates to priority sector productions / companies.
Accordingly for the purpose of the revised industrial location policy, the Mumbai Metropolitan Region has been divided into the following zones: –
Zone I:- Greater Mumbai and areas of Thane Municipal Corporation and Mira-Bhayander Municipal Council
Zone II:- Kalyan and Navi Mumbai Municipal corporations, Ulhasnagar, Ambernath, Kulgaon-Badlpaur Municipal councils, Bhivandi and Uran sub-regions.
Zone III:- Remaining areas of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region, excluding areas covered under Zones I and II above.
Mumbai has major AMPC markets which are responsible for majority of supply of essential products to the consumers. Farmers from all over Mumbai, and also from the neighboring districts come to Mumbai to sell. The well known markets in Mumbai are – Crawford Market, Zaveri Bazaar, Mangaldas Market, Kala Ghoda Market, Sassoon Docks Market, Lalbaug Market etc. A weekly market is organized which gives a lot of opportunity to Marketing Company in Mumbai to approach people who visit these weekly market to buy vegetables and other essential items.
New malls have been opening up all over the city and with influx of global international brands. However, only the large, well-performing malls have remained open. Most of these malls have huge food and entertainment zones that offer fun for the whole family. Many of the malls are located in Mumbai’s suburbs which makes them quite inaccessible to the average tourist, although local residents will be able to find a mall nearby.
Due to the advancement in infrastructure, many shopping malls have opened up and are stilling opening in various part of the Mumbai. The shopping malls mainly include right from theatres, recreational activity centers, essential goods, mobile shops, electronics shops who are the major contributors in bringing revenue. These places are the most favorite for Marketing Company in Mumbai to do Field Marketing, Sampling and various recreational activities to get consumers attention for marketing of certain products.
Here are some of the well known shopping malls in Mumbai – High Street Phoenix, Phoenix Market City, R-City, Infiniti, InOrbit, Oberoi Mall, Growel’s 101, Atria Mall etc.
RWA Activities in Mumbai
Residential Welfare Association (RWA) Market in Mumbai has increased exponentially over the last few years. This advertising is one of the most effective brand promotion events that can bring a small-scale gathering of a society and helps them to know about the specific service.
The aim of RWA Activities is to create public awareness of the service or quality among the potential customers or the targeted groups. In this competitive market, a business should take some positive steps to advertise its service and reach out to the customers. It is most important to be trustworthy to its customer base to eventually perk up the sales figures.
The event is highlighted through game shows, cultural events, musical events as well as food stalls. This helps in grabbing the attention of the patrons and creating a positive response about the service.
Marketing Company in Mumbai targets housing complexes to perform sampling activities, Door-to-Door Marketing, Field Marketing and recreational activities to make sure they make people aware of the products of various companies.
Below are the features and benefits of RWA Activities –
- To target a specific group of people residing in a certain housing society
- Creating awareness of the business among a people smartly
- Promotion of a business through direct contact and communication with the public
- Establishing a direct contact and getting more sponsorship for the business
- This type of platform allows direct involvement of the customers, which helps them to understand the drawback of the service. It help a business in taking feedbacks and a chance to improve their service/product
- Promoting the products through live demonstration and canopy activities
- Creating tempting activities or games to encourage the promotions among people
Some of the famous builders and township in Mumbai are mentioned below – Radius Developers, Kalpataru Immensa, Haware Paradise, Dheeraj Reality LivSmart, Puranik Tokyo Bay Phase-II etc.
Types of RWA Activities –
- Apartment Notice Board: The Advertisements posters are posted on apartments Notice Board which helps to gather the residents attention and make them aware of the activities.
- Kiosk: This allows direct interaction with the customers with the help of Stalls/ Canopy.
- Flyers Distribution: It can be done in two ways. One is directly at doorstep and other is sending flyers through mail, but there is a need to take approval from the society.
- Banners: Banners are cost effective and it creates instant brand awareness and result in brand recall.
- Society Events: Marketing Agency in Mumbai can sponsor an Event in a housing society during festivals and special Events.
Extra-circular engagements come very handy when it comes to value addition engagements. As most of the RWA are about family and full of children, any engagement which is kids driven receive good response. When Marketing Agency in Mumbai does engagement in a useful and meaningful, then you always have a chance to present it in a exclusive and unique way.
It’s always good to collect data post every RWA engagement. This includes all the photos, customer feedback and database. Thank customer from the brand about the activity participation and working in future.
As a part of infrastructure development, Mumbai Municipal Corporation has made sure to reserve some part of the land to be made available to public. As a part of that, there are various parks been made
where the citizens can go and spend some quality time with their loved ones. These parks are where Field Sales team approaches people and educates them of certain products that they might want to buy but they were not aware of. Various discount and other promotions are given to customer so that they buy these products.
Some of the well known parks in Mumbai are as follows – Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Lions Juhu Children’s Municipal Park, Hanging Gardens and Kamala Nehru Park, Shivaji Park, Horniman Circle Garden, Maharashtra Nature Park, Five Gardens, Oval Maidan, Jogger’s Park etc.
The hospitals in Mumbai have been developed to a much larger scale with new equipment is being made available to treat various illness. Even though the government hospitals have low operating costs, the privately owned hospitals to provide concession in accordance with the government for the people with low income.
Various Companies selling medicinal products are promoted at hospital and the surrounding area’s to make people aware of the benefits of these products.
Some of the well hospitals in Mumbai are – Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Center, L H Hiranandani Hospital, Kohinoor Hospital, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute, D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Center etc.
Mumbai is well known as education hub of India. Right from the primary education right till Masters/Phd, every course is available in Mumbai. Mumbai has a setup of well known good educational institutions which is preferred by students.
Mumbai is home to some of the leading institutions in the country that offer a whole gamut of academic options between them. There is a lot of young crowd in Mumbai because of the variety of opportunities that is available there. So Marketing Company in Mumbai organizes various activities in the campuses of the below Schools, Colleges and Institutions which helps them reach a good customer base.
Well known educational institutions are – Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Bombay Scottish School, RN Podar School, St. Xavier’s College, K. J. Somaiya College, Mithibai College, Sir JJ College, SNDT University, Wilson College etc.
Mumbai can be categorized into different quadrants and each of these quadrants serves a unique purpose. All of these quadrants have their own significance and they do play an important part in the various ways.
Below are the quadrants and their importance – Dadar, Parel, Worli, Bandra, Santacruz, Vile Parle, Mahim, Dharavi, Andheri, Jogeshwari, Malad, Goregaon, Borivali, Kandivali, Kurla, Saki Naka, Chembur, Ghatkopar, Bhandup, Mulund etc.
These area’s are where various both large-scale and small-scale businesses resides which proves to be a good opportunity for Marketing Company in Mumbai to target both consumers as well as sellers to promote products and convert them in buying customers.